I live in Northwest Ohio between Bowling Green and Fremont. My wooden garage...

I live in Northwest Ohio between Bowling Green and Fremont. My wooden garage has black under the eaves. Could this be from the weather we have been having? What could it be and how can I get rid of it?

Sandusky County Ohio

This is very common, even in a year not as wet as this, and it is most likely a result of high moisture, and lack of sunlight, resulting in this mildew covered appearance. First line of action is to make sure the eaves troughs are completely free of debris so water can flow easily, and then a pressure washer will usually take the black off without much trouble. You must be careful not to strip the paint, but in many cases, it is time for the paint to be updated anyway, and I would encourage the use of a paint that is treated for resistance to mold/mildew/bacteria. These may be a little more expensive but may be worth the cost in the long run.