How to handle a huge monstera?

Hi there, I was given a monstera plant last year which was grown from a cutting. So, it only has one main stem. It has been apparently very happy and grown larger and larger leaves every few months. My question is, how do I contain it? I just moved to a smaller apartment in Brooklyn, where there just isn't 5+sq ft of floor space for the monstera to take up. Do monsteras do well being staked? Are sphagnom moss poles the best option? Is that something it will just grow out of? First picture is from the old house, second picture of the monstera on the shelf is at the new house. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you!

Kings County New York houseplants

Thank you for your question. There is a reason they are called ‘monsters.’ Lovely plants, indeed, but some spaces accommodate them better than others. It should be staked, and this article discusses their care, generally: https://wimastergardener.org/article/split-leaf-philodendron-monstera-deliciosa/ Its size will only increase. Perhaps you could offer a plant trade for a smaller species from someone who has a (much) larger apartment. Good luck!