Safety of Bisphenol A in protective eyewear

Greetings! I have a general question that I can't seem to find an answer to online. There's tons of information about BPA-containing food-related products and their possible health effects, but there's comparatively little about the safety of products that we don't eat off of or out of. Specifically, I'm wondering about the safety of eyewear products that contain BPA--even more specifically, goggles (e.g., swimming goggles or safety goggles) that may contain BPA and be worn for hours at a time--and consequently both get warmed by body temperature and form condensation on the insides of the lenses. I've seen articles online that have mentioned that absorption through the skin is thought to be negligible, but what about absorption through the more sensitive areas of the eyes? Any information/links you can send my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

miscellaneous

Thank you for your question. I am not certain this is a topic explored by the University Extension system and would appear to be more appropriately addressed by governmental regulators. You did not indicate your location, but you might be interested in the following recent effort by CA to examine the topic: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/crnr/acceptance-request-safe-use-determination-exposures-bisphenol-certain-eyewear Perhaps you can obtain information from or through them. Good luck!