Pet Friendly Products

I need to purchase a pet friendly product to help remove moss from my patio bricks.

Providence County Rhode Island

Scrape off as much moss as possible, then use a mossicide product containing soap (salts of fatty acids) or citric acid and acetic acid. These are the least toxic active ingredients in moss killers. Keep animals off of the treated patio until it dries thoroughly.

Regards,
Carol Quish
UConn

Hi Carol - thanks for the advice.

What product can I purchase that is a

mossicide product containing soap (salts of fatty acids) or citric acid and acetic acid?

Rather than giving you a product name you might not be able to find in your area, go the pesticide section of your local nursery or hardware store and look for a moss killer with one or more of those active ingredients listed on the label. All pesticides, including mossicides, must list the active ingredient on the label. There are many products made by different manufacturers with these ingredients to kill moss.

Regards,
Carol

Hi Carol

Last question. I found a recipe on line for a weed and grass killer that contains white vinegar, dish soap and salt. Would this contain the proper ingredients to kill the moss?

Yes, that would work also. Just keep the animals off until it dries.

Carol