Berry tree is it safe for dogs

I have these trees/ bushes that started last year and at first I like the privacy, but this year they are growing red berries. I don’t know what this is and is it safe for my dog. I caught him eating them today and concerned. Thank you Tom

Harford County Maryland plant identification invasive mulberry normal growth trees

These are mulberry trees. They are not shrubs. They will get 30-40 feet tall. They produce berries that humans can eat. Birds also love the berries. It is not a native tree, and is considered invasive because the birds spread the berries all over.

It is going to be too big to grow that close to the fence. If you keep it for the shade and wildlife value, you will have to modify your fence at some point to go around it.

Ellen

Ellen