What is the name of this plant?

I am a Master Gardener in Illinois and our neighbor sent me a picture of a plant that I cannot identify. This plant is in a newly purchased yard located in Boring, Oregon. I searched bell shaped perennials; I get close but the leaves don’t match up with anything I find. Can you identify this please?

Piatt County Illinois

Thank you for your question. Although a specific ID won’t be certain until the plant (and flower) are mature, it appears to be a small goldenrod.

Dear Kristina, I’m not so sure it is a small goldenrod, the leaves don’t match. The flowers are like bells. What other ideas do you have?

It is too late to do do more research tonight, bur we’ll get back to you tomorrow.

Another (tired) expert suggested this: https://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=LYQU2

I think this is it! You guys rock! Now get some rest!

Thanks!

Thanks! We shall! Answered almost 700 questions this month! ZZZ