Calimyrna or Capri Fig tree?

Hi,
I completely understand the relationship between a Calimyrna and Capri Fig. I have a home in Sacramento that has a very large fig tree, probably close to 22 feet wide and tall. It bears a ton of fruit every year consistently. But, the fruit never ripens. Some fall off as they get bigger and bigger, others will stay on a dry up on the branches and eventually fall off too.
Everything that I have read says that the Caprifig is a smaller size fig that will obviously have the wasps. I have seen Caprifig tree in person. My mother in law about 20 minutes to the east has just that, because a few years ago we were talking about taking out her fig tree that she says she did not plant. She thought that it started from a bird dropping, I pulled the hardish fig from her tree on summer day and when I tore it apart it had wasps inside. Back then I did not know what that was, I just thought it was infested.
My fig tree on the other hand has larger figs and I have never seen the wasps inside any of the fruit.
Could it be that I have a Calimyrna fig tree and she just happens to have a Caprifig tree? Are there any specific ways that I can positively identify my tree? Or is it possible that I have a Caprifig tree that just happens to not have any wasps?

Sacramento County California fig trees

Thank you for your question. We suggest that you contact your county Extension office for assistance with this issue. Here is their webpage: https://ucanr.edu/sites/UCCE_Sacramento/ Good luck!