Groundhogs or woodchucks

How do I get rid of these pests? They are decimating my garden and living under my deck. Please help! ASAP!

Clinton County Michigan animal damage groundhog removal woodchuck control

Although it is legal to trap groundhogs and destroy them, you need the landowner's permission to release them somewhere else. The easiest way to get rid of them is to hire a nuisance wildlife service to catch them and get rid of them for you. They will have the necessary permits to catch them and release them elsewhere. This article has additional information https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/do_i_need_a_permit_to_control_wildlife_on_my_farm As far as protecting your garden, fencing is the best way to keep them out. Bend the fencing material in an L to the inside of the posts and bury it in the ground about 6 inches deep or so to
discourage digging under it .The underground “wing” will prevent digging under the fence. It is also possible to construct an electric fence with the same parts used for farm livestock except put the bottom of the fence only several inches off the ground. Check local regulations to determine if electric fencing is permitted in the community where you live. Do not forget about putting up a gate that closes tightly.