Hello Oregon extension. Too late. Now i know not to add to soil, where...

Hello Oregon extension. Too late. Now i know not to add to soil, where veggies will be planted, lawn-clippings from the1st three mowings after an application of Weed & Feed. i have kept all clippings from 25 years in one pile, afraid to add to compost pile. Now i want to shovel down and use the older, bottom part of pile to amend soil where i am planting veggies. how many years would you wait to age clippings before using on veggies? (It’s not me using nasty 24D, a couple times a year my husband uses it, he does the Thank you, Karen

Fairbanks North Star Borough Alaska compost

Thank you for your question, Karen. The half life of pesticides varies from one climate and related factors, and, without knowing exactly what pesticides you used, I think more reliable advice should come from your own Extension office. Here is their contact webpage: https://www.uaf.edu/ces/

Good luck!