Tomato plant problem

Can you identify the brown spots on my tomato plant and advise me on how to treat it? Thank you in advance. I attached a photo.

Ramsey County Minnesota tomato problem horticulture

The photo looks suspiciously like Early Blight. Here is information: https://extension.umn.edu/diseases/early-blight-tomato I am surprised to see a tomato plant this far along. It must have been greenhouse grown and purchased as a mature plant. Did you perhaps use old soil or was the pot reused without being treated with bleach solution when planting it..

It was a brand new pot with all new soil purchased from Bachman’s. Do I have to throw this plant away? Sorry I haven’t read your link yet. Thanks

You don't have to throw the plant away but keep it away from other tomato plants. The plant must have been infected prior to your planting it. This fall (or when it finally gives up) dispose of the soil in your garbage and clean the pot with a solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water. You should get some good tomatoes but eventually they will start to be infected and you will be able to tell. Then it Is time to get rid of the plant.