fletcher scale on taxus yews saw scale last few days ..looks like tiny elevated spots etc

Noticed that leaves were turning yellow brown... yews no problem for twenty years...perhaps related to extended wet weather cold winter......noticed in last day or two top bottom side of bumps are covered with a sticky pumpkin colored soft gel like substance......{honeydew??}. First I removed the pumpkin get {as much as I could} then I sprayed the bumps top bottom side with bonide alll seasons horticultural and dormant spray oil 2 gallons of water with a cup of bromide as on label. SHOULD I SPRAY AGAIN AND IF SO HOW SOON?? MUST THE PUMPKIN COLORED GEL { HONEYDUE???| BE REMOVED BEFOER SPRAYING THE SCALE? IS THE PUMPKIN COLORED GEL FOR LACK OF A BETTER DESCRIPTION HONEYDUE. SHOULD I SPRAY THE ENTIRE BUSH. HAVE ABOUT 15 YEW TAXUS ... R MY BUSHES INFECTED WITH FLETCHER SCALE DISEASE??? Spent the day after spraying trying to id what scale disease my yews might have. First time any diesease problem with the spreading yews {ground cover in landscaping}... THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ADDRESSING MY QUESTIONS.....I REALLY WANT TO SAVE MY GROUND COVER.......HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Oakland County Michigan scale yews yellowing

Fletcher scale is an insect that overwinters as a small, reddish brown nymph on twigs and needles. Vulnerable overwintering females (before egg production occurs) are present as redbud and Koreanspice viburnum are in bloom, so the oil spray you applied was done at a good time to kill the nymphs. You will have another opportunity to treat with the oil when the crawlers are out- wait until then. Crawlers are the immatures that hatch from the eggs.The eggs are invulnerable to treatment. Look for crawlers as elderberry or ‘Hills of Snow’ hydrangea are in bloom. Honeydew is a sticky substance that consists of concentrated sugars from plant sap that the scale insects excrete because they don't utilize all of the sugars they remove from feeding on the plant.you don't have to remove the honeydew from the plant first before spraying with oil. Your plants are infested with an insect whose feeding is causing the yellowing of the needles, The insects do not cause a disease. When the insects are controlled the yews should start producing healthy growth again.

thanks very much for your responding to my yew 's FLECTHER SCALE INVESTATIN OF MY YEWS.

MESSAGE said i can spray horitcultural oil again...when CRAWLERS ARE ON STEMS....CAN I SEE THE CRAWLERS .....ARE THEY LARGE SMALL SHOULD I JUST KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ANY BUG INSECT ON THE LIMBS. When might the crawlers be out? The insects were like u said small brown reddish nymphs. what do the crawlers look like size color etc. U said i did not need to remove the slime honeydew but if i did not remove the honeydew i was afraid that i would not be able to cover the insects imbedded in the limbs with horticultural oil. If i spray without removing eh slime the horticultural oil wil work a ok go down into slime and kill the insects? i have checked each day and do not see any thing on the treated limbs. Please tell me what the crawlers look like size color if imbedded also in the limbs. and will the slime be produced again at this stage of ininvestations. You said wait a bit ....i can do that....do not want to wait too long and miss spraying the crawlers......the initial investations was very rapid.........one day i noticed the borwn red nymphs next day noticed a the slime and a lot of it. ANY HELP U CAN GIVE ME I REALLY APPRECIATE.. THANKING U IN ADVANCE WILL LOOK FOR ANY BUGS INSECTS ON THE LIMBS. INIITAIL INVESTATION WAS RAPID...I DID UT OFF ALL THE YELLOW AREAS. HAVE A GREAT DAY........

The crawlers should be out sometime in June, although the timing varies with the weather. I gave a benchmark for you to use in my previous answer- look for crawlers around the time that elderberry shrubs begin to bloom. Or flip the scale "shell over and look under it. you will see a brownish nymph, or later, white eggs or tiny crawlers.You can see the crawlers- tiny, about the size of pepper grains- with a magnifying glass. They will be crawling around on the twigs. They are kind of non-descript- pale yellow to cream, six legs, oval shape I'm not sure what the slime is- probably something growing on the honeydew. Don't worry about removing the "slime" just apply the oil according to the directions.