Another gall midge question

At first, thought it was thrips as well but 100% sure its gall midge now.

My wife put down bayer advanced 3 in 1 roses and flowers around our hibiscus. But, she did not move the mulch back and im not sure she used enough. Its supposed to be put down every 5 to 6 weeks. I read a website that said to use Bayer lawn and shrub which lasts a year. Much stronger concentrate of active chemical too.

Do we need to wait 5 weeks to put down again? Will doing it sooner hurt the plant?

I also plan to spray the plant leaves w 3 in 1 as directed by same website. We are already pulling buds off.

Also, how often can we spray the leaves and how long should it take for blooms to resume?

Read another site that says to use other treatments such as orthene/cygon to spray the plant and
Dursban/diazinon on the ground. Says to mix it up. If mixing it up is a good thing, can i use those and whats in bayer at same time or do i need to space them apart?

one last thing. What ant like bug is on my hibiscus. (See pic) Do i need to get rid of those?

Polk County Florida

The insects on your plants are nymphal (immature) assassin bugs. They are predators, so are beneficial to your garden. My recommendation would be to follow the label instructions on the Bayer 3 in 1. Because the nymphs pupate in the ground, you may consider a systemic insecticide like imidacloprid. It is good that you are removing the buds since that is the way to remove the larvae. Also, pick up any buds that have fallen off. Good luck, and I hope your flowers return.