ground water (clean) water

Hi I have about a 1600 sq ft basement finished with berber carpet house was built 1997 it took on ground water in 2001, It had just enough water to saturate it for almost 2 mos. we kept wet vacing it the whole time and had service master come in at the end and clean and sanitized the whole basement they said the carpet would be OK. and it seemed to be thank God, Now its been under about a inch and a half of water for about three weeks now so im wondering if it wiil survive this one ? or should I start taking it out? the carpet is glued down and no padding which saved it the first time I've rented a commercial dehumidifier running for three weeks along with commercial fans but starting to smell anyway question is should I try to save it or start ripping it out? Thank-You In advance for your input!!

Whiteside County Illinois

Thank you for your question.

This question is outside of the scope of Cooperative Extension in Illinois. I suggest you speak with a carpet and flooring store for their recommendations.