We have a beautiful tree that we are concerned about. It has some dead spots...

We have a beautiful tree that we are concerned about. It has some dead spots No leaves and the wood is dead. We would like help trying to save it. Will your office send someone out to help. Thanks Mike

Madison County Ohio

It would be helpful to see a photo of the tree, or to know what kind of tree it is. It is hard to know what might be the problem from what you have described. This forum is for helping you with your problem on-line. Another option is to take samples from your tree of living branches and dead branches to your local OSU extension agent. The address for your county is 217 Elm St, London, OH. The phone number there is 740-852-0975. However, if you will share a photo and additional information, I will be happy to try to help you.

Here are the pics you requested we think it is a red oak but you would know for sure. We noticed the dead wood as it started to leave up this spring. Thanks for any insight you can provide Mike Pottmeyer

My apologies, but I can't offer any better solution for you than to call or visit the OSU Extension Service office in London, as the previous MGV suggested. They may have a specialist on staff, or be able to recommend an arborist who could come out and evaluate your tree.