I did not know I had a Peach Tree

I bought a tree from Home Depot about 4 or 5 years ago maybe more. It did not say on the label that it was a peach tree I just liked it. I planted it and it has grown bigger and bigger every year. We have pruned it but after reading info not properly. This year for the first time we had pink blossoms on the tree, again I didn't know it was a peach tree. But the tree is now full of fruit, I have been reading and found that I need to thin the crop to allow for a better result. What can I do with the fruit I take off? Can it be planted to grow additional trees? Please don't laugh I really have no clue. Thank you for anything you can contribute

Anne Arundel County Maryland fruit peach trees plant care

How exciting.
We are glad you found us. Questions like yours are exactly what we do. (And we would NEVER laugh).

If you didn't thin the fruits they would likely do so themselves and drop some.
Unfortunately growing what most people consider good tree fruits in Maryland requires close management, including carefully timed and repeated chemical sprays to combat the pest and disease issues common here.
We can give you all the info on that, starting here: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/tree-fruit
but you can also just let things be and see what you get if you are more interested in seeing it grow, getting a few (maybe enough for a pie) and feeding wildlife.

Christine