Worm or what?

I have notice these clear, about 1/2 inch long, "worms" in my cloches the last couple of spring times. They start wiggling when I turn the soil and just wait of a moment or two. I have not noticed any earth worms in my soil so, I am assuming these are probably baby something or others. I did have an major aphid attack, last fall, in one of my cloches (asparagus and beans) but I'm pretty sure I have notice these "worms" before that. I just remembered, I have had small caterpillars attack some of my plants in the past. I finally had some luck and managed to get a clear pic or two. See attached. Thanks so much for your time, Mary Beth Hahn

Deschutes County Oregon worms

Well, Mary Beth, I guess they gave up on the prior assignment and changed it to me!

The best way to identify this would be to bring it in to the Deschutes County Extension office, so staff can examine it to see if it is a worm (no legs) or the larval stage of an insect. I just can't tell from the photos. Here is the contact information for the office: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/deschutes

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks. I appreciate the response.

Try not to work to hard!

Mary Beth

I'm retired! This is my passion!