Scale and bark splitting on citrus

See photos for symptoms on line - white flecks and bark splitting. Any suggestions?problem and treatment please

Outside United States citrus fungal disease bark splitting citrus trees

The citrus tree depicted in the photos has two problems. Based on pattern of damage in the photos, the limbs have been physically/mechanically damaged by a person, animal or equipment. I believe the bark split areas relate to this same physical damage. Further damage needs to be prevented by identifying what is the cause.

Your photos are too low resolution to zoom in on what appears to be scale insects (white flecks). Scale have this pattern of distribution and coloration (some species), but it is not possible for me to make a firm identification of this. If it were scale, the appropriate treatment would be a horticultural oil emulsion (2% horticultural oil in water) applied liberally to areas affected. Multiple applications over the growing season may be needed, along with maintenance applications annually to keep the problem suppressed.

I recommend you identify the agricultural outreach ministry in your country or province to have someone look at the problem directly and assist you with identifying these and any other problems.

Thank you for your response

Thank you for your response