disease of the bark of dogwood trees

All the dogwood trees in this development have bark that is peeling leaving a white subbark. It does not seem normal . There are other trees that I do not know the name of with this same disease. Does this symptom sound like normal tree growth.

Baltimore County Maryland peeling bark dogwood tree

Please send us photos of the bark on the dogwood so we can see what you may be dealing with. Another type of dogwood called Kousa dogwood, Chinese dogwood has exfoliating bark and this is normal.

Marian

Dear experts, Thank for getting back to me so quickly. I was about to notify the condo association re disease on dogwoods. I googled Kousa dogwood bark and the photos that came up confirmed that what I am seeing is actually exfoliating bark. This is such a relief because the trees look lovely otherwise and I would hate to see them removed. Thank you again for your quick response. Joy Tand