Diseased roses

Good afternoon! I have a question about my roses. I have attached 3 pictures. One bush is starting to get red thorns, another red steams and leaves. Also they are getting odd little cluster leaves. I am afraid they are being plagued by Rosetta. ? Also, if I see ANY red leaves, is that a red flag? Thank you! Rebekah

Multnomah County Oregon roses rose rosette

No, your roses do not have the disease 'rose rosette.' The red stems, leaves, and thorns are simply new spring growth. This viral disease seldom affect hybrid roses grown in gardens.

See "What is rose rosette?" for information and images: http://fps.ucdavis.edu/newsarticle.cfm?newsid=31

You also mentioned that your roses "are getting odd little cluster leaves" but didn't include an image of them.

Many times, "odd clusters of small leaves " on roses is caused by Roundup (glyphosate) which was used the previous fall to help clean up weeds. In such instances, the rose(s) received a non-lethal dose of the pesticide which moved to the roses via a breeze.

Please submit an image or 2 of the clustered small leaves so that we can verify the source.