salt and red acorns

I have a red oak tree and the grass under it is like 10% dead. I have seeded this area a few times to not much avail. Do the acorns have to much acid in them so it hurts grass growth? It gets plenty of sun.
#2- can I spread gypsen on the grass by the street where the plows push the salt into my yard by a few feet
when they plow. Or is there another product to put down to nutralize the salt?

Anoka County Minnesota acorns lawn

The oak and acorns are not making the soil too acidic for grass. The most likely cause of a thin lawn under the oak is not enough water. Trees and grass are in direct competition for water and sunlight. If the grass is getting enough sun (at least 6 hours per day) the next thing to check is water is the tree and the grass getting an inch of water per week and more in very hot weather. Much of Anoka has sandy soil and the trees and grass will need more water than grass grown in heavier soil.
Water is the best treatment for road salt. Flush the lawn with a hose and water deeply. Gypsum will not neutralize road salt.