David Viburnum problems

I have 14 David Viburnums in my landscape and all of them look like the two in the attached photos. They are not in locations where root rot would be an issue. Can you tell me what’s wrong with them and if I can do anything to revive them. Thank you very much.

Marion County Oregon drought stress viburnum abiotic issues

Thank you for the well-focused images, including a close view of the leaf damage.

The grayed, and somewhat white, areas on the leaves indicate a long-term water shortage. Those areas will never become healthy.

Many trees and shrubs in our region have been adversely affected by recent consecutive years of low rainfall, This is especially true for woody landscape plants that are not watered during the dry months.

Consider watering the shrubs once a month during our dry summers. Moisten the soil a depth of 8 inches with each irrigation.

Mulch helps the shrubs by slowing surface evaporation. The coarse materials in this bed are a wise choice for woody plants. Maintain them at a depth of at least 3 inches.