Plants resistant to phytophthora

Hello, I lost a raspberry bed to phytophthora a couple of years ago (soil and diseased plant diagnosed for me by WSU extension in Puyallup). An evergreen huckleberry at the edge of that bed seems to be making it, no signs of disease that meet the eye. Otherwise I’ve left the bed more or less empty since then, except for the usual dandelions and Scilla. I’d like to replant the bed with resistant plants, open to almost any perennials or woody plants. Is there a list for this region? I’m in Seattle. Thanks very much. Ivy

King County Washington

Thank you for your question. I was unable to find any list specific to the Pacific Northwest, but many references to disease-resistant varieties of many landscape and vegetable species. Here is the only Extension article I could find with a list: http://extension.udel.edu/blog/phytophthora-resistant-plants-for-the-landscape/ Once you decide on a species, you can do a web search for “phytophthora resistant variety” and some will pop up, if they exist. Good luck!