Lemonade blueberry

I have one lemonade blueberry bush with several other blueberry bushes in my yard and there is one cane on the lemonade bush that is a rust brown color with lots of blossoms but no leaves? The other canes/branches have leaves and blossoms and are a greener colored cane. Should I cut off the branch/cane with just the blossoms or leave it to see if it produces fruit? Your advise please.

Multnomah County Oregon blueberries

Thank you for your question. I cannot tell from you photos whether the rust color is just the normal color of the tissue, or whether there is something like a rust fungus on it. Your plants are planted so closely together that a lack of sunlight could be stunting the growth of all of them, with fewer leaves and berries. Have you regularly pruned these? Here is an Osu publication that may provide some assistance: https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em9180 Good luck!

This is one plant not two planted close together. The canes are from the same stock. Let’s see if these photos work better for a good visual. There is plenty of sun as this is panted in the front yard with full Southern exposure.

Thanks; that’s better! I believe what you are seeing is the nonproductive growth that occurs without regular pruning. It is depriving the healthy canes of ‘food’ and is unnecessary. While regular pruning should be done while the plant is dormant, you can remove these canes with no leaves. Hope this is helpful.