Regarding a Black Mission Fig Tree

I'd like to plant one here in Veneta which is Lane County. West of Eugene. The article I read from OSU Ex lists 3 recommended varieties which are the green. I really want a black fig. What do you think?

Lane County Oregon fig trees

The best ones for Lane county are the Turkish Black or 'Turkish brown figs. Which Extension publication lists the green variety? Green varieties usually don't grow as well here. I need to update that pub.

Yeah Hi Ross! Master Gardener here from old days. Took my classes at the Hatfield Marine Science Ctr w/Bill? Anyhow. Now I live in Veneta.

I can't remember what publication...….stated that black figs don't have time in the season to ripen. Sorry I peruse a lot of mags.

Thanks for your response. If I come across the pub that needs correcting? I'll share it w/you all. Thank you again so much for your help. Best to all gardeners.

Peace and love

Teri M