trees turning yellow - anything I can do to save?

trees turning yellow - why? anything I can do to save? One of them had a big branch turning brown and removed last year. These 2 trees/shrub are 8-10 feet tall and are turning yellow. 1 is in the front yard (more sun) and 1 is in the back year (more shade).

Montgomery County Maryland shrubs abiotic issues trees

It would be helpful if you could send us closeup photos of the foliage so we can identify the types of trees you have. Where there any problems with drainage/standing water in the area of these trees -- especially when we had the heavy rainfall last year? Do you see any physical injuries around the trunks? When did the symptoms first start to appear?

Christa

Hopefully these pictures are good thanks. I don't notice any drainage issue around the trees. I do see some brown/tan area on the bark on both trees (IMG_1596 on the right) as if the bark of that area is gone? Unfortunately I don't check them out frequently to tell when the symptoms first appear but I just noticed the issue last week.

Thank you for the photos.
Your trees are large, old yews (Taxus).
We are seeing a good deal of browning issues on this plant due to the incredibly wet season we had last year. They don't like "wet feet" and last years weather is causing the root system to be compromised and sometimes root rot moves in.
It is too soon to know how much yours will be affected, and there is nothing that we recommend you need to do but monitor.
You could cut out brittle, dead wood if you want to. We would guess that the branch with the disrupted bark on the right plant in your photo is a dead branch. Follow it up from the base and check. That and any others can be removed.

Here is our pruning publication which you may find helpful:
http://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/hgic/HGIC_Pubs/TreesandShrubs/...

Christine