Is Preen safe to insects

I hardly ever see outdoor spiders/garden spiders anymore and I'm very concerned. Is Preen harmful to bees, butterflies, spiders, and other insects?

Polk County Iowa

Thank you for your question. Because it is not sprayed, it is less of a risk, but I urge you to read the following Extension article: https://www.unce.unr.edu/publications/files/ho/2011/fs1167.pdf Thank you for your concern!

Thanks. The article really doesn’t answer my question. Sounds like the only way I can be assured that I’m not doing anything to kill insects, bees, and other pollinators is to use nothing. Is there a perfectly safe product?

I am unaware of any chemical that is “perfectly safe” for those you mention. Even water kills.