What is the best application to treat weeds in the street by the gutter?

Montgomery County Ohio weed control

I would advise that you contact the street maintenance department of the governmental jurisdiction where the weed problem is occurring. The street department should have a standard operating procedure in place for weed control. Weed control chemical labels will state as to if they can be applied on or near water, in a public access venue, or require a license to apply.

Suzanne,

I was looking for some recommendation from the extension office as to what the best practice would be for the City of Vandalia to pre treat the cracks between the curb and asphalt. I have the license required! I just need some recommendation and direction before fulfilling our councils request to just spray the cracks before they grow. I have concerns of storm water run off while spraying under these conditions. I have my chemical supplier researching this also!

We are consulting with an expert in the area and will reach out shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Jenny

Anonymous, here is his reply! Please remember to always read the label.

We tell people to first use a glyphosate product that has an aquatically approved surfactant like Rodeo. If the plant material is found to be glyphosate resistant, we will need to look at the plant and select a herbicide that will control the plant and is labeled for aquatic use. It seems that we are discovering more and more plants that are glyphosate resistant. I would also suggest they look into cultural controls. Removing excess soil in the cracks and applying crack sealing material to prevent the vegetation from growing in the cracks will help in this situation.

Jenny