Sell smoked meat wholesale

Asked April 22, 2019, 6:33 PM EDT

I Smoke Meats, and a lot of people in my town want to buy. A lot of them own stores and restaurants who would love to have my sandwiches in their store. But I don't know what license I need, or how to get the proper licensing.

Kalkaska County Michigan cottage food law

1 Response

Hi, sounds like you've started a good thing. Here is a link to the MI Dept. of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) that will help guide you for what you need:,4610,7-125-1569_16958_16974-11873--,00.html. Because you are selling prepared food to a retailer or restaurant, I am sure that you would go through MDARD directly (vs. your local health department), but MDARD would have the final answer on this for you. Either way, this website provides you guidelines and helpful links. Additionally, a Sanitarian at your local health department can also provide you with guidance - as they are a licensing agency. Good luck.