crabgrass control for summer or fall seeding

I previously sent a question in I want to clarify and restate. My lawn is weakened and has large and small bald spots. I would like to seed/overseed this summer and/or fall. Previously I had a lawn care company that put down preemersion/weed control that was so strong that they said I could not plant anytime. The treatment would be put down in the spring and last 12 months. I have not used their treatment for two years. My question is: What preemersion and weed treatment can I use now (April 22) that will still enable me to plant in summer and/or fall? Thank you.

Kalamazoo County Michigan

Hello. There will be a wait time no matter what product you use so I recommend that you carefully read the label and see what the manufacturer recommends. If the label is not clear—but it should be—you can always contact the manufacturer of your chosen product.