Strange patch in front lawn

I have some issues with my front lawn that I cannot figure out whats causing it. First off, I have 3 areas of lawn - front, side, and back. I am very attentive to overseeing, fertilizing responsibly, not mowing too short, etc. The problem is with the front lawn. Its has a slight slope, as well as needed a de-thatching badly. I have a section that I can tell will start to die off soon. Plus there are mushrooms growing in this recent shaped spot. A couple weeks ago I fertilized with a Scotts product including moss control. As I said before, this lawn has a decent amount of thatch, but the other two lawns I never really have that issue. My area is also prone to springs and wet, clay like soil. Should I do a PH test? Help! I'd like to get my front yard looking green and lush

Clackamas County Oregon lawns and turf

The shape of your problem spot leads me to wonder what is going on in the soil. Perhaps peel back turf when the mushrooms are, then dig a bit. Is there a remnant of building materials or a log? Could this be shallow or rocky soil put over a drain pipe?