Rosemary damage

For 25+ yrs i've successfully grown rosemary here both in sheltered outside locations and in pots brought in during winter. In my new home, only 6 miles from previous, i'm struggling. I've tried inside and out, and store bought and from cuttings of a neighbor's plant that thrives. Branches die and i notice white spots on both live and dead leaves (pic attached). What is it and what can i do?

Anne Arundel County Maryland rosemary abiotic issues herb

Rosemary do not like it wet--either weather or soil. We do not think this is a disease, but an environmental problem. We have had record-breaking rains and cool overcast weather that is normally sunny for the past two years.

Be sure your rosemary soil is well-drained. Did your soil type change somewhat when you moved? Also, be sure it gets full sun and perfect air circulation so that leaves can dry immediately after rains.

Ellen