Pines losing needles from bottle up

I would like to know what is wrong with my pine trees. They appear to be dying from the bottom up. It started with one tree last spring and has spread to 5 tress in close proximity. If you know what is causing this, do you know of a safe way to stop it? Thank you

Muskegon County Michigan white pine needles turning brown

From your photos it looks like your spruce trees have what we term as "spruce decline". The key symptom of spruce decline is branch die-back which progresses over the course of two tor more years and renders the plant aesthetically unacceptable for most homeowners. The rapid decline of many spruce trees in Michigan and surrounding states appears to be related to an increase incidence of canker diseases coupled with other disease and insect problems that affect the species. Here is a link to a fact sheet about spruce decline.

What is spruce decline? http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/what_is_spruce_decline_and_what_should_you_do_about_it

From your photos, with the amount of needle and branch loss you already have I am not sure applying fungicides for the needlecast diseases will be successful.