Rosa Sharon tree

I have a Rosa Sharon tree that has become severely invasive and over grown my entire garden and trees of it have grown throughout my yard and along the opposite side of my house and throughout my yard and I can not seem to get rid of it and it’s so many roots it looks like grass. Please help

Livingston County Michigan rose of sharon

Rose of Sharon readily reseeds and certainly will become invasive if left alone. They should have been pulled or dug out when young. There are no shortcuts now. They will have to be removed physically or sprayed with glyphosate or both. It will be hard work and a lawn care company might do it for you if it proves to be too much (for a fee of course). Suggesting to be more attentive to what is growing on your property in the future. Most invasives are relatively easy to control when caught early. There are Rose of Sharon plants on the market today that are sterile and do not reseed. That could be an option for you if you want to replace your reseeder.

Good luck!