What is this bug and how can I get rid of it?

I have an office that has a Koi pond and plants in the atrium. I also have these pesky little bugs that fly around and multiply like crazy. I bomb the office once a month just to knock the numbers down. I also have a pest control service that sprays monthly. We also clean the pond every other month. I still cant get rid of them. At night I place bug zapper lights out and in the morning I have a circle of dead bugs around the lights. I would say a couple hundred every night. Sometimes in the atrium there is a swarm of them flying around in a ball about 15 feet in the air. I put extensions on my hose and suck them up, but no matter what I do I cant get rid of them. It just seems like I can get the numbers down to a smaller amount, but they always come back. They seem to be attracted to people. I have had them fly up peoples noses before, or in their mouth, even when there aren't a lot of them. .

Midland County Texas

Those appear to be midges and the larvae will be living in the pond area which is where treatment should be focused. You can treat the pond area with a Bacillus thuringiensis kurstaki product which works on mosquito and midge larvae or you can add some Gambusia (mosquito eating fish) to the pond.

You can find more ideas here: