Bionic Weed - Wont Die

Good Afternoon, I ve included a pic of a weed that's in one side of my Mulch bed. They multiply very quickly.I've tried to kill them with Ortho,RM43,Gas. anything I can think of but they wont die and keep coming back. Now I just dig them up. NOBODY has been able to rid them. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you

Prince George's County Maryland

This is Canada thistle. It is a non-native invasive plant and it is very difficult to get rid of. Pulling will not dent it. Never till a bed of it, because each tiny piece can generate a new plant.

Here is our webpage on Canada thistle: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/canada-thistle Be sure to use the links provided to get information on control options.

If you dig these plants, you must get every bit of root. If you spray with a systemic herbicide containing the ingredient glyphosate, that can kill the roots, but that product is also a total vegetation killer and you must shield your desirable plants from any contact from the herbicide. Expect to spray more than once. Timing is crucial. Read the link information carefully.

Christa