How do I smooth my "lumpy" lawn?

Through the 35+ years old owning our property, we have removed trees and ground the stumps (and moved/replanted even more lovely trees) and now there are deep depressions where the trees used to be. I have filled some it with dirt and overseeded, but I think my whole lawn needs smoothing to prevent those enjoying the lawn from twisting their ankles, etc. How do I do this? It's about a half-acre and I would have to get some "hired help" but I don't know what to ask for, or how to evaluate any proposal. I think it's going to take more than. A few buckets of dirt and a bag of seeds.

Goodhue County Minnesota lawn management grading

A number of Twin Cities area landscape service companies provide the help you need.

The University of Minnesota doesn't recommend or vouch for the reliability of any landscape or lawn care companies but here are links to some examples:

https://kglandscape.com/minneapolis-lawn-care/lawn-renovation-grading-sodding-seeding/

If you need more or better information to get started, please direct your questions to folks at the Minnesota Landscape and Nursery Association.

We just noticed you are in Goodhue County. A local search will probably disclose similar services in your area. Folks at the Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association can direct you if you need help finding them.