Preserve mangoes

Could you please give me advice on how mch citric acid to use when water bath preserving mangoes. Thanks and regards, Jannie scholz

Outside United States home food preservation

I have checked both "So Easy to Preserve" from University of Georgia Extension and also the Ball Blue book for canning green mangos. There is no citric acid in the recipe.
They call for a light or medium syrup which would be 1 cup sugar per quart of liquid or 1 3/4 cups of sugar per quart of liquid. Peel and slice mangos and place in hot syrup and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Fill fruit into hot canning jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Fill jars with boiling syrup with 1/2 inch head space. use your two piece lid and process in boiling water bath: Pints 15 minutes and quarts 20 minutes. Please let me know if you would like the Mango sauce recipe that calls for lemon juice. My email is mcgarryj@msu.edu

Thank you for your response. I should have mentioned that I was interested in preserving ripe mangoes which have a ph of 5.80-6.0. Do you have any information on that?
Thanks and kind regards,
Jannie Scholz

I am sorry the only approved recipe for ripe mangos is for Mango sauce. According to the USDA guidelines you can freeze ripe mangos in a syrup pack or tray pack.