Magellan Explorist 610 compatability with DNR garmin
I've previously used DNR GPS to download and manipulate waypoint information from a Garmin GPS, I now have a Magellan explorist 610 and would like to similarly manipulate GPS data but DNR garmin doesn't locate my new GPS, do I need an extension or do I have to use a different program. Even Google appears to have trouble with the Magellan.
Not sure maybe I have the settings wrong, just don't know and would prefer not to have to download another GPS program. Hoping you can advise, cheers Janet from Australia
- When you connect your Magellan to your PC (via a USB Cable), the Magellan should appear as a device icon when you open "My PC" (similar to a flashdrive or other external device).
- Open the Magellan icon, and navigate to the waypoint folder on your GNSS receiver (and you may need to explore the available folders, but just look for some .gpx files).
- You should see a list of .gpx files. Copy the files (or the particular .gpx file that you want to work with) to a folder on your computer.
- You can now disconnect your Magellan from your computer (optional).
Note: If you are not able to find a Magellen icon, then you PC is not able to read it. Then you may need to try 'Option #1' above...
- Under the menu, go to <File> and <Load from File> option.
- Navigate to the .gpx file(s) that you saved in #3 above.
- Select and open the .gpx file(s) in DNRGPS.
- Now you should be able to select and manipulate your waypoint information.
- You can reconnect the Magellan to your PC, and copy the manipulated .gpx files back to the appropriate folder on your Magellan.