Produce comparison survey

Upon my suggestion, last summer Michigan State University AgBioResearch Center, located outside of Frankenmuth, Michigan dedicated a garden plot to growing variety peppers. They specifically grew poblano peppers. When dried, poblano peppers become chili ancho. Chili ancho is used to make many Mexican dishes including enchilada sauces. The results from the pepper trail were recently released. Click the link below to see the outcome from the pepper trial. https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/chile-pepper-production-trial-in-Michigan

The next step in this pepper trial process is a taste trial. At an upcoming taste trial, and using my enchilada sauce recipe, I will compare Michigan grew and dried poblano peppers from the MSU AgBioResearch Center to poblano peppers grown and dried in Mexico. At the taste trial, I want to credibly capture in a survey, participants' thoughts on the enchilada sauces.

Aside from my own business needs, I believe that the outcome of this pepper taste trial may have a much greater economic impact on the state of Michigan. With that said, do you have a suitable template I can use to capture the taste comparison of poblano peppers?

Genesee County Michigan vegetable gardening produce survey template

Hilda, it's a small world.

I can make what you need. But, first provide me with the following information.

How much time will you have allotted for the evaluation?

Also, what does one look for in a sauce of this sort? Please write a description of the perfect sauce and the worst sauce for the following characteristics:

The Best Enchilada Sauce

Color:

Aroma:

Flavor:

Texture:

Bite/Heat/Aftertaste:

The Worst Enchilada Sauce

Color:

Aroma:

Flavor:

Texture:

Bite/Heat/Aftertaste:

Your judges will rate each sauce on a scale of 1 (bad) to 10 (good) for each of these characteristics, and then add their rating of each category into a total score. For example, a perfect score for a sauce would be a 10 for each category, for a total of 50.

However, it is a meaningless assessment if they do not have a frame of reference for what the perfect sauce and worst sauce is. If you are looking to see if the Michigan-grown peppers make a better sauce than the Mexico-grown peppers, then keep the identities of the sauces secret with numbers (sauce 1, sauce 2, sauce 3, etc). Their scores will answer the question for you.

Once I have this information from you, I can send you a nice document for your judges, which you can further edit if you would like.