Burnt window blinds. Our upstairs bedroom windows face S/W, mostly West. Both...

Asked March 26, 2019, 5:38 AM EDT

Burnt window blinds. Our upstairs bedroom windows face S/W, mostly West. Both get evening sun. Both blinds remain closed 24/7. We noticed the blinds in the window that's S of the other window appears burnt. It is bent/warped. 2 years ago it started looking tan/discolored, and on the top half only. I assumed it was due to the hot evening sun over the past few years; however, the other window blind is OK. See pictures. Any idea why this might be happening to 1 but not both blinds and why only the top half? The bottom half of the window has a screen; however, the bottom half of the other window blind, that did not get scorched, has had a screen, but not in the picture. Every summer the non scorched window has an air conditioning unit in it. Could this cause a fire? The blinds are plastic not wood. Both windows have a large piece of cardboard used as a curtain to block out the sun so we can sleep during the daytime due to working night shift. I thought I could blame the cardboard for doing this; however, it would have done that to both blinds not just one, correct?

Franklin County Ohio

Hi ~ sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I am sorry, but I cannot find anyone in our unit that can answer your question.