Bite like reaction from non apparent source.

Asked March 25, 2019, 9:35 AM EDT

This is really weird. I have received eight stings today on the left side of the bottom of my left foot. This stinging abruptly with no warning. All before 9:30 am. The last one happened about 9:00 am this morning. 4 of the eight times it woke me up out of my sleep. The other four times I've had my shoe on. There is no outside scaring, broken tissue, redness, swelling or any indication of a bite. Not even soreness. But the sting is just like I've been bitten by something. At first, I thought it was a bed bug. But there is no other location on my foot where the stinging is occurring. I've rub the area with Alcohol, however nothing has changed. Are there any ideas about what is wrong with my foot. I am 58 years of age. I have no known nerve conditions. Update: I counted 11 foot-stings in 12 hours before no foot-stings for hours.

Cherokee County Georgia

Hello. There are no insects that produce what you are describing. You may need to seek advice from a medical professional.