snails in the garden and flower beds

We live in Aumsville Oregon and have a garden and flower beds that are full of big and tiny hard shelled snails. they are chewing the roots as well as the plants themselves. I have my garden tilled and love working in it but can't figure out what to use to control these snails? Could you please HELP? Thank you.

Marion County Oregon slugs snails snails and slugs

Hi there,
Thank you for your email. My name is Rory McDonnell and I am the slug specialist at Oregon State University. Can you send me some photographs so that I can identify the culprits? I will then be able to give you some advice on management.
Best wishes
Rory

We can't get the pictures to post. Do you have an e-mail address or a snail mail address that we can send the picture to? Brown garden snail we think. The pictures are on our computer but don't know how to get them to this page....in our 70's, need a teenager to help us I guess. sorry.

No problem! My email address is rory.mcdonnell@oregonstate.edu
If that doesn t work you could try posting them to Rory Mc Donnell, Dept of Crop and Soil Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis OR 97331

Thank you for your help. Think we have solved the problem.

Great, thank you for letting me know.