Identify this caterpillar

HI,
Can you identify this caterpillar? It reminds me of a forest tent caterpillar (Malacosoma sp) but does not have actual "blue lines" on the sides. More like blue blotches.

Douglas County Colorado

Does look somewhat like a tent-what plant is it on? That would help with the ID.
Thanks

We have done more research and believe it is a Police Car Moth caterpillar. The moth scientific is Gnophaela vermiculata. What's your opinion. The caterpillar was found on Mertensia ciliata
Thanks.

I agree!
I found a source from Western Washington University.http://pnwmoths.biol.wwu.edu/browse/family-erebidae/subfamily-arctiinae/tribe-arctiini/gnophaela/gno...

"This species is a foodplant specialist feeding on mountain bluebells (Mertensia spp.) in the Boraginaceae. This species is found in the Rocky Mountain region from the Pacific Northwest south to southern New Mexico Larvae is covered with tufts of hairs, black with lateral yellow patches.