Timber property shopping

I am currently pondering the advisability of buying a timber property in Oregon. Is there a record anywhere of the timber sale history of a particular property {probably in Lincoln County} which would tell me when the last timber sale on the property occurred, how much it was valued and whether it was a clear cut. If I had that for the most recent sale and the same for the next most recent sale, I might be able to get a rough estimate for the productivity of a property and the current timber value. Thank you, Carl Kitchen. gaiandcarl@gmail.com

Ada County Idaho timber

Thank you for your question, Carl. I attempted to find this information online, and couldn't find anything to help. So, I called the Oregon Department of Forestry in Lincoln County, and staff indicated that they keep records of that for the last 6 or 7 years, but only if a permit was taken out for the cut. Since I don't have the property address you're researching, that was as far as I could get. I suggest you call them at 541-336-2273. If they don't have it, they may have other recommendations. Good luck!