How do I get a soil sample tested.

I would like to get two sets of soil samples tested. One for my lawn and one for my vegetable garden. How do I do that?

Scott County Kentucky soil testing scott county kentucky horticulture

'we need approximately 2 cups each (2 for lawn and 2 for veg garden)of dry soil please dig down with a soil probe or trowel, 3 to 6 inches deep in four or five places in the area to be sampled and place that soil in a clean bucket; mix well and then separate out 2 cups and place in a container and do the same for the other area to be sampled. Bring to 1130 Cincinnati Road, Georgetown. Scott Co. Cooperative Extension provides this service for free to residents of Scott Co. Information from soil sample will be ready in 5 to 10 business days after entered into the soil lab.

I read somewhere that I needed to use special bags or cups provided by the extension office for the samples. Is this not true?

Hello. When you bring the soil into the office, you can transfer it to the bags at that point.

Thanks!

Are you open normal hours during Scott County spring break?

Hello. The Extension Office is open during normal working hours. We do not follow UK Spring Break schedules. I apologize for the lateness of this answer.