Lime and soil amendments

I recently started a new raised garden. Purchased organic soil, manure, coconut coir, azomite rock dust and fish emulsion. I had tested my organic soil and it was on the acidic side so purchased dehydrated lime. I added everything together at once! I should have researched beforehand but am new to this and didn’t even think adding lime with the amendments could be harmful. I am growing seeds indoor and will be transplanting in the next 4-5 weeks. Will I kill my plants? Please help

York County South Carolina soil

Thank you for the question. You’re right. Never amend the soil without understanding what effects will ensue! So, do another soil test before transplanting your starts. You want the pH between 5.5 and 6.5 for most vegetables. If you have increased the pH too far to the neutral (7.0) or above, you’ll need to add sulfur to acidify. There are some inexpensive pH meters on the market so you can measure relatively accurately. The wrong pH may not kill your plants, but they be unable to take up essential nutrients if not in the right range. Read more: https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2011&context=extensionhist Good luck!