I have pacazandra ( don't know how to spell it. I had a lot of lilies of the...

I have pacazandra ( don't know how to spell it. I had a lot of lilies of the valley. I dug them out and tried to save the pacazandra. Tried to replant them and most died. I would like to gety some more. I heard that in this area there is a particular type of pacazandra that works better. This is the second time I tried to replant pacazandra and both time they all died leaving the flower beds with large empty areas. Can you help me with the type and how to plant them

Baltimore County Maryland groundcovers pachysandra plant care normal growth japanese pachysandra

There is no special variety of Japanese pachysandra that works best in Maryland. Plain old pachysandra grows well in the right conditions. In fact, it is considered a non-native invasive plant (a problem in native or natural areas--don't plant it near where it can get to woods or parks. It outcompetes native plants).

Pachysandra likes semi-shade to shade. Perhaps your site is too sunny. We don't have enough information to be able to say why it's not growing for you.

Pachysandra also can have serious disease problemsa:https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/volutella-dieback-pachysandra-groundcover

If you describe your growing conditions, we may be able to suggest better alternatives for you.