Dakota Pinnacle Birch

I have 5 trees that were planted at the same time about 4 years ago. The one closest to the house is growing and thriving as it should. The other four died about 2 years in and have been replaced. These new four, planted about 2 years ago, are not growing at all. They are the same size they were when they were planted. What can I do to help these trees before they die too?

Carver County Minnesota birch

Dakota pinnacle birch is one of the best birch for an urban yard but it is still a birch and they are forest trees. They need cool soil and moist but never soggy soil. Mulching under the tree in a wide circle will help. Making sure there is good drainage is important. Water them when the weather is hot whenever the soil dries to 2-4 inches. Also keep in mind that new transplants suffer from transplant shock and it usually takes about 3 years before they start putting on height and width.