Transplanting a pot of daffodils

I was gifted with a pot of daffodils. They do not have any buds on them, just the tall green leaves. They look ready to divide (pot very full). I realize that this is not the optimum time to plant them, but are they worth a try? Should I just plant them as a clump for now, or should I try dividing them? Do you think that I will have to wait several years for them to bloom? Thank you for your expert advice and time!!!

Calvert County Maryland bulbs containers plant care flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Wait until after the last frost to plant the daffodils. If crowded, you can divide at that time. Leave the green leaves on the plant to die back naturally. It is possible you may need to wait several years for bloom.

Sounds like a good plan! Should I fertilize them?

Thanks again for your time and help!

After bulb plants bloom, you can fertilize them lightly with 5-10-10 fertilizer. Avoid high nitrogen fertilizer. Be sure to keep fertilizer off the leaves and away from roots, as it can burn them. In addition to 5-10-10 fertilizer, you can use bone meal as an extra source of phosphorus.

ckc