Pressure canner leaking steam near wing nut

Hello!
I just bought an All American pressure canner and did a test run with water. Once I let the steam escape for 10 minutes, I out the gauge on and after a short while it appeared that steam was escaping at the lid. I couldn't see the steam,but sounded like when you place a drop of water on a very hot pan - sort of a sizzle. I made sure to add olive oil to the seal and tightened the wing nuts according to the instructions. Is is possible I didn't tighten it enough? Is is normal to have some steam escape at the lid?
Thanks!

Washington pressure canner

Thank you for your question. Many Extension offices have testing devices which you can access for free. Since you did not indicate which county you are from, we cannot refer you there. But your county Extension office is easily found on the Internet to see if they have this service, or know who does. Good luck!